9.15.2012

Last Chapter!


Hi!

Today, I'm about to write the last chapter of Mixed Up Feelings. It's exhilirating and also a little frightening. I'm about to finish the first draft which is a big step, but now I've got to edit several times my novel before anybody can read it. And I'm sure I'm going to want to kill my characters in revenge just because I'm aware of the huge amount of work there is awaiting me.

Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful to be at this step, but it's also stressful. I'm afraid to be disappointed by this first draft, I'm afraid to not recognize the story that was only in my head. So, to put it in a few words, I'm a nervous wreck even when I should only celebrate this big step.

On my schedule, I'm going to write this last chapter and then read the first chapter of the novel because I never read it after I wrote it. I already know that I have to rewrite several parts of this one but it's something I was planning from the begining. After that, I think I'll wait a little, have a little break for my come back at work and begin to seriously torture my first draft.

And you, have you so mixed up feelings when you're about to finish a first draft? Are you also relentless and yet a little sad to put an end to your characters' story?

Tell me everything!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment