2.19.2014

Wordcount Wednesday #1



Do you know what is difficult? It's writing consistently, never giving up in the middle of that first draft. So, I decided to share with you my word count every Wednesday from now on. That way, if you see my word count still very low, it means that I might need you to cheer me. 

If you're an author and would like to be a part of it, let me know and we could organize something in order to make it more fun and help our productivity. After all, I'm sure I'm not the only one in need of some help when I'm hitting that writing slump. :)


For this first Wordcount Wednesday, I'm going to talk about Kate's and Derek's story. If you are one of the people who bought and read PATCH UP, you must know these characters. I decided to write their own story after my beta readers convinced me to and when I saw how many people were interested in them. So here it is! 

I started writing it a couple of weeks ago.

Chapters written: 3. 
Wordcount: 10 052.

It's not that bad for a start. I always have a hard time when I'm working on a new story, but I hope to have doubled up that work count by next week. One can only dream! 

Right now, I'm not sure if what I wrote is worth anything, but at least it's written. I'll go back to it for the second draft and I'll probably re-write most of it as I'm not sure if it's catchy enough. One thing is sure though, I love these characters and delving into Kate's head. This girl is more than what meets the eyes. :)

If you're following me on twitter or Facebook, you should be able to see my daily word count, so feel free to make me remember that the word count of this manuscript should be above 20k by next Wednesday and not below 20k. Seriously, I often need to be cheered or yelled — depending on your type of thing. 









No comments:

Post a Comment